By Joachim Biskup, Jens Seiler, Torben Weibert (auth.), Ehud Gudes, Jaideep Vaidya (eds.)
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the 23nd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 operating convention on facts and purposes safeguard held in Montreal, Canada, in July 2009.
The 18 revised complete papers and four brief papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from forty seven submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on database protection; defense guidelines; privateness; intrusion detection and protocols; and relied on computing.
Read Online or Download Data and Applications Security XXIII: 23rd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conference, Montreal, Canada, July 12-15, 2009. Proceedings PDF
Best security books
Compliment for Exploiting software program "Exploiting software program highlights the main severe a part of the software program caliber challenge. because it seems, software program caliber difficulties are a tremendous contributing issue to computing device safeguard difficulties. more and more, businesses huge and small rely on software program to run their companies on a daily basis.
Put up yr observe: First released August twenty seventh 2007
What for those who might take a seat with probably the most gifted defense engineers on the planet and ask any community defense query you sought after? protection strength instruments enables you to do just that! participants of Juniper Networks' protection Engineering group and some visitor specialists display how you can use, tweak, and push the preferred community safeguard functions, utilities, and instruments on hand utilizing home windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix platforms.
Designed to be browsed, protection energy instruments provides you with a number of ways to community defense through 23 cross-referenced chapters that assessment the simplest safety instruments on this planet for either black hat recommendations and white hat safeguard strategies. It's essential reference for community directors, engineers and specialists with counsel, methods, and how-to recommendation for an collection of freeware and advertisement instruments, starting from intermediate point command-line operations to complicated programming of self-hiding exploits.
Security energy instruments information top practices for:
• Reconnaissance — together with instruments for community scanning similar to nmap; vulnerability scanning instruments for home windows and Linux; LAN reconnaissance; instruments to aid with instant reconnaissance; and customized packet generation
• Penetration — resembling the Metasploit framework for automatic penetration of distant pcs; instruments to discover instant networks; exploitation framework functions; and methods and instruments to control shellcodes
• keep an eye on — together with the configuration of numerous instruments to be used as backdoors; and a overview of identified rootkits for home windows and Linux
• security — together with host-based firewalls; host hardening for home windows and Linux networks; verbal exchange defense with ssh; e-mail safeguard and anti-malware; and machine protection testing
• tracking — resembling instruments to catch, and research packets; community tracking with Honeyd and snicker; and host tracking of construction servers for dossier changes
• Discovery — together with The Forensic Toolkit, SysInternals and different renowned forensic instruments; program fuzzer and fuzzing options; and the paintings of binary opposite engineering utilizing instruments like Interactive Disassembler and Ollydbg
A functional and well timed community safety ethics bankruptcy written via a Stanford college professor of legislation completes the suite of themes and makes this e-book a goldmine of safeguard info. shop your self a ton of complications and be ready for any community safety difficulty with protection energy Tools.
The bringing down of the Berlin Wall is without doubt one of the such a lot brilliant photographs and old occasions of the past due 20th century. The reunification of Germany has remodeled the face of Europe. in a single lovely yr, separate states with clashing ideologies, adversarial armies, competing economies, and incompatible social structures merged into one.
Information Security Theory and Practices. Smart Devices, Convergence and Next Generation Networks: Second IFIP WG 11.2 International Workshop, WISTP 2008, Seville, Spain, May 13-16, 2008. Proceedings
This quantity constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the second one IFIP WG eleven. 2 overseas Workshop on details safeguard conception and Practices: clever units, Convergence and subsequent new release Networks, WISTP 2008, held in Seville, Spain, in may well 2008. the ten revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from various submissions for inclusion within the ebook; they learn the fast improvement of knowledge applied sciences and the transition to subsequent new release networks.
- China's Security Interests in the 21st Century (Routledgecurzon Security in Asia Series)
- Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness in Heterogeneous Networks: 7th International Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness, QShine 2010, and Dedicated Short Range Communications Workshop, DSRC 2010,
- Supreme Command: Soldiers, Statesmen, and Leadership in Wartime
- Digital Evidence and Computer Crime: Forensic Science, Computers, and the Internet (3rd Edition)
- Mission-Critical Security Planner: When Hackers Won't Take No For an Amswer
- Fault Analysis in Cryptography (Information Security and Cryptography)
Additional resources for Data and Applications Security XXIII: 23rd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conference, Montreal, Canada, July 12-15, 2009. Proceedings
Asset For example, mis-conﬁgured NAC conﬁgurations have the potential to expose both internal servers and NAC ’s alike to threats. The following fragment in the ontology states that the webServer is susceptible to a synFlood attack via the weakness tcpHandshake. V ulnerability(tcpHandshake) ← isExploitedBy(tcpHandshake, synFlood) isW eaknessOf (tcpHandshake, webServer) Countermeasure. A countermeasure is an action or process that mitigates vulnerabilities and prevents and/or reduces threats. V ulnerability Countermeasures can be further sub-classed into speciﬁc concepts, if desired.
On individual basis both cntrwebT raf f icGen and cntrsshT unnelDBGen may appear as minor oversights in their respective tiers, however it is their conjunction that provides indirect and unacceptable access from the Web server to the database. The dataNAC ﬁrewall inadequately mitigates the threat threattier1 (outlined in Table 1), as countermeasure cntrsshT ier1Gen directly permits SSH access from all tier-1 systems to the database. Perhaps remote database administration is a requirement through an SSH proxy server in the DMZ.
The semi-formal nature of a threat tree means that, in practice, any reasoning must be done outside of the tree structure . For example, it would be useful to reason whether the concept of ‘Denial of Service’ has the same meaning in both trees of Figure 1. Tree Key Disrupt Web Server solid-line: threats dashed-line: countermeasures Denial of Service Syn-Flood Attack Other Other DoS Exploit TCP 3-way Handshake Syn-Cookie Firewall-1 Syn-Proxy-1 Syn-Threshold-1A (a) Partial Threat Tree: Web Server Syn-Flood DoS Attack Disrupt Firewall-1 Denial of Service Syn-Flood Attack Poor Admin Other DoS Exploit TCP 3-way Handshake Syn-Threshold-1B Firewall-2 Syn-Threshold-2A Syn-Proxy-2 Bogon Blacklist (b) Partial Threat Tree: Firewall Syn-Flood DoS Attack Fig.