By Dianna L. Van Blerkom
University research abilities: changing into A STRATEGIC LEARNER, 6th version is a wide-ranging, sensible textual content that specializes in supporting you develop into actively engaged on your personal studying. The textual content accommodates lively studying recommendations that will help you reach collage through introducing a method, permitting you to perform it, and asking you to do self-assessments to achieve suggestions by yourself luck. This number of suggestions and actions, in addition to real and fascinating textual content fabric from various middle topic parts, supplies possibilities to use what you're studying on your path paintings in different university sessions. Chapters akin to ''Getting able to Learn'', ''Setting Goals'', ''Organizing textual content Information'', and ''Preparing for Essay Exams'' can help you comply with the recent setting and expectancies of school studying, and a dynamic site that accompanies the textual content will give you extra assets for perform, move, and self-assessment
Read Online or Download College Study Skills: Becoming a Strategic Learner PDF
Best studying & workbooks books
Initially self-published, this number of creativity workouts introduces the time period ''metaphorming. '' Siler, an artist and scientist who develops multimedia studying fabrics and leads creativity seminars, explains the idea that as ''a mixture of many tactics of connection-making. '' utilizing the acronym ''C.
- Schaum's Outline Series Theory and Problems of Projective Geometry
- Young at Art: Classroom Playbuilding in Practice
- 100 Ideas for Teaching Literacy
- Conversation (Resource Books for Teachers)
Additional resources for College Study Skills: Becoming a Strategic Learner
10. If I were preparing for an exam, I’d rather listen to a summary of the chapter than write my own summary. 11. I would prefer my professor to give me written directions rather than oral directions when I have to do a writing assignment. 12. I’d rather listen to the professor’s lecture before I read the chapter. 13. If I had to learn to use a new software program, I’d prefer to read the written directions rather than have a friend describe how to use it. 15. I like to listen to books on tape more than I like to read books.
Recite the deﬁnitions until you know them all without looking. College Study Skills Web Site The College Study Skills: Becoming a Strategic Learner Web site contains a wealth of information to help you succeed in college. You’ll ﬁnd answers to the multiplechoice and completion items from the end-of-chapter reviews. There are handouts on topics such as calculating your GPA, forms for setting goals and action xxxiv • To the Student planning, and calendars for time-management activities. You’ll ﬁnd journal activities for each chapter, which are new to the Web site.
Study sheets are one-page compilations of all of the important • Self-test to Monitor Your Learning. Don’t just read over the material as you review it each day; test yourself by reciting from memory. Recite the answers to your word and question cards. Recite the information on your study sheets by looking only at the topic. Recite the information in your notes by covering the details and reciting using the headings as cues. Q6 © 2009 Wadsworth Cengage Learning information about one topic. Pretend you are allowed to take one “8½-by-11” sheet of paper into the test with anything you want on it about one topic (of course you’ll make three to seven per chapter).