By Eric V. Larson
Have South Korean attitudes towards the U.S. deteriorated? to respond to this query RAND researchers compiled and analyzed SOuth Korean public opinion info from the prior decade.
Read or Download Ambivalent Allies?: A Study of South Korean Attitudes Toward the U.S. (Technical Report (RAND)) PDF
Best security books
Compliment for Exploiting software program "Exploiting software program highlights the main serious a part of the software program caliber challenge. because it seems, software program caliber difficulties are an incredible contributing issue to laptop safety difficulties. more and more, businesses huge and small rely on software program to run their companies on a daily basis.
Put up 12 months observe: First released August twenty seventh 2007
What if you happen to may well take a seat with essentially the most gifted safeguard engineers on this planet and ask any community protection query you sought after? protection energy instruments helps you to just do that! contributors of Juniper Networks' protection Engineering workforce and some visitor specialists show how one can use, tweak, and push the preferred community protection purposes, utilities, and instruments to be had utilizing home windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix platforms.
Designed to be browsed, defense energy instruments provides you with a number of ways to community safeguard through 23 cross-referenced chapters that evaluation the simplest safeguard instruments on the earth for either black hat concepts and white hat safety strategies. It's vital reference for community directors, engineers and experts with assistance, methods, and how-to recommendation for an collection of freeware and advertisement instruments, starting from intermediate point command-line operations to complex programming of self-hiding exploits.
Security strength instruments info top practices for:
• Reconnaissance — together with instruments for community scanning resembling nmap; vulnerability scanning instruments for home windows and Linux; LAN reconnaissance; instruments to aid with instant reconnaissance; and customized packet generation
• Penetration — equivalent to the Metasploit framework for automatic penetration of distant pcs; instruments to discover instant networks; exploitation framework functions; and tips and instruments to govern shellcodes
• keep watch over — together with the configuration of numerous instruments to be used as backdoors; and a evaluate of recognized rootkits for home windows and Linux
• security — together with host-based firewalls; host hardening for home windows and Linux networks; conversation safety with ssh; e mail safeguard and anti-malware; and equipment safeguard testing
• tracking — comparable to instruments to trap, and study packets; community tracking with Honeyd and giggle; and host tracking of creation servers for dossier changes
• Discovery — together with The Forensic Toolkit, SysInternals and different well known forensic instruments; software fuzzer and fuzzing thoughts; and the artwork of binary opposite engineering utilizing instruments like Interactive Disassembler and Ollydbg
A useful and well timed community safety ethics bankruptcy written via a Stanford college professor of legislations completes the suite of subject matters and makes this ebook a goldmine of safety details. shop your self a ton of complications and be ready for any community safety predicament with defense strength Tools.
The bringing down of the Berlin Wall is among the so much vibrant pictures and ancient occasions of the past due 20th century. The reunification of Germany has reworked the face of Europe. in a single wonderful 12 months, separate states with clashing ideologies, adverse armies, competing economies, and incompatible social structures merged into one.
Information Security Theory and Practices. Smart Devices, Convergence and Next Generation Networks: Second IFIP WG 11.2 International Workshop, WISTP 2008, Seville, Spain, May 13-16, 2008. Proceedings
This quantity constitutes the refereed complaints of the second one IFIP WG eleven. 2 foreign Workshop on info safety conception and Practices: clever units, Convergence and subsequent new release Networks, WISTP 2008, held in Seville, Spain, in may perhaps 2008. the ten revised complete papers provided have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from a number of submissions for inclusion within the e-book; they study the swift improvement of data applied sciences and the transition to subsequent iteration networks.
- Security Assessment in Vehicular Networks
- The Rise of European Security Cooperation
- The NSA Report: Liberty and Security in a Changing World
- Techniques of Safecracking
- Hacking and Securing iOS Applications: Stealing Data, Hijacking Software, and How to Prevent It
- Information Security Management & Small Systems Security: IFIP TC11 WG11.1/WG11.2 Seventh Annual Working Conference on Information Security Management & Small Systems Security September 30–October 1, 1999, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Additional info for Ambivalent Allies?: A Study of South Korean Attitudes Toward the U.S. (Technical Report (RAND))
This pursuit involved an effort to expand exchanges, trade, and other economic cooperation with the North as steps toward creating a “joint national community” in which both Koreas could prosper. The crowning achievement of this effort was the February 1992 “Agreement on Reconciliation, Non-Aggression, and Exchanges and Cooperation between the South and the North” (commonly referred to as the “Basic Agreement”). This landmark agreement committed the two sides to respect each other’s political systems, never use force or threaten military action, and actively promote inter-Korean trade, travel, and cooperation.
11 independent South Korean state. S. S. dead among a total of nearly 137,000 casualties. S. S. troops in South Korea. Frequent South Korean characterizations of this alliance as one “forged in blood” thus has real meaning in a Korean context. S. S. actively supported the development and improvement of South Korea’s armed forces, serving as the source for almost 80 percent of the ROK’s military purchases and most of its technical training and advanced weapons. S. also provided South Korea an enormous amount of military and economic assistance.
As noted above, the Agreed Framework formalized the indefinite freeze on North Korea’s overt nuclear program and allowed international inspections of its existing nuclear plants in exchange for two light water reactors, 500,000 tons of heavy fuel oil annually, and other political and economic commitments. -North Korean relations. -South Korean relations. Part of the reason related to the nature of interactions between the two Koreas themselves. In a further effort to get South Korea into the game, on June 18 Kim Young Sam once again proposed a North-South summit meeting.